Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thursday,March 22,2012

Two nights ago I got to go to my grandsons orchrestra concert. He is in fifth grade and plays the cello. His family came over and we had pizza before the concert, so we got to get in on him getting ready in his black pants and white shirt and tie. He looked so cute, so we took pictures with him and his cello before we left.

The concert was held at the North Salem High School. I had never been in the school before,it's huge!!!! I think maybe it was built in the 40's. The concert had kids playing from 4th to 12th grade. It was really fun to see how they improved through each grade level. It was alot of fun to watch my grandson interact with his friends. I was so very impressed with his behavior while watching other students play, he really paid attention!! His sister who attended the concert was also well behaved during the concert. The concert lasted about an hour and a half,the teachers did a remarkable job. It must be hard work to be a music teacher to that many kids!There were probably 200 hundred kids to keep organized.! So I went home a very proud grammy,and felt like I got a little culture in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment