Sunday, March 18, 2012

March 18th, 2012

See something happened...Anyway

Yesterday Sat. March 17th 2012,Papa and i went to the "Original Pancake House" with Jake and Ella. Jake who usually likes savory food ordered buttermilk pancakes, Ella who loves sweets ordered a huge ham & cheese omelette and hash browns. I suggested they sorta share, but they were having none of that! They hovered over their plates and ate very, very well hahaha. They both excused themselves half way through and proceeded to the rest rooms.....hahhaaahaha. They came back and resumed eating.Sorry guys this just had to go down in history..

After Brunch we went to the Lancaster Mall and viewed the new movie the Lorax. It is a Dr. Seuss story about a young boy,who wanted to win the love of a beautiful girl,by planting a tree in their "perfect sterile, treeless town." Jake and Ella are such well behaved children,that it just amazes me!!! Before the movie started I leaned into Ella and asked: "Did your parents give you instructions on how to act?" She shook her head No!! I said really? She said no. I then asked her "do you get spanked?' she said "No not any more." I told her I used to get really hard spankings with my fathers belt. Don't know why I felt this conversation was important..... it just reminded me of a conversation my grandmother and I had had about 58 yrs. ago. I loved her for it,because if she got spanked then it was o.k. that I got spanked to. crazy I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment